Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Scotland Day Tour Experience


Scotland is a beautiful country which is a part of United Kingdom. I was staying in Glasgow UK and wanted to explore the beauty of Scotland and its nature. I googled to find the best options available online for exploring some places in Scotland. I found a website called www.visitscotland.com which offers guided bus tours to multiple locations under reasonable cost. I called them up and asked the details regarding various tours organized by them.

If you are booking with them online, then you have to share your debit or credit card details with them for processing advance payment. Initially, I was little nervous to share the details, but then I again called them up and shared my banking details. I can assure you that they do not make misuse of your banking details. After booking with them online, I received 2 emails from them. One of them provided the details of my booking like reference number, their contact details, your details, journey and booking details. The other email was to share the receipt of the payment made by me. They provide pick up and drop facilities from certain defined locations. You can choose the pickup location and board the bus from your hotel or city center nearby.

Taking a guided bus tour in Scotland is an excellent way to have a sight-seeing. Most of Scotland's cities provide sightseeing guided bus tours through which you can explore the city. I booked a one day coach tour which costs me around 42 Great Britain Pounds. The journey I booked covers places like Oban, Western Highlands, Lochs, Castles,, and Glencoe. The bus picked me up from my hotel "Premier Inn Pacific Quay Glasgow around 8:20am. I was the first person to board the coach and have the freedom to choose any seat I want to have spectacular views. The coach was really nice and fully air conditioned. The best part was that the driver of the coach was our tour guide and he was dressed up in traditional Scottish apparel. Check out my picture with him.


As the journey started, the guide starts explaining about the places we were crossing by and some stories related to the history of such places. There were around 40 plus people on my bus and I was happy that some of them were Indians. I saw very beautiful views from my bus and the guide stops the bus at various picturesque spots. The views were really beautiful and amazing. You can experience the mountains, river, trees, animals, fog, rain, etc together in this tour. I was so excited and happy that I went to this beautiful tour.

I can's explain you the beauty of nature I was experiencing that time. The coach was stopped at multiple spots to cover some sight seen, castles, river banks, and parks. It was around 6-7 degree on that day and it was drizzling as well. We covered three beautiful castles including Castle Stalker, Inveraray Castle and Kilchurn Castle with the live commentary from the bus guide. The booking does not include payment for the entrance fees of castles, food, and drinks, so you have to take care of that yourself.

I must say that the driver guide was really helpful, entertaining and knowledgeable. The tour took us to the best spots and driver gave us plenty of time to click pictures and experience the surroundings. This day trip to the highlands was really breathtaking and so beautiful. It was a day full of wonderful views and would like to go again for this kind of tours. I would surely recommend you to have these bus tours to experience the views which you can only imagine in dreams.

I tried to capture some views of my tour for my viewers. You can check out my Vlog video below for full sightseeing of this Scotland visit.


Hope you like the blog. Do follow me for more travel experiences and subscribe my youtube for more travel videos at "Travel with CM"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pacific Mall Delhi | Pacific Mall Shopping Tour | Pacific Mall Subhash Nagar Delhi

Check out this video to know all about Pacific Mall situated in Subhash Nagar Delhi. I have shown most of the brands available in mall for s...